Sunny: Cat in the Sun

I know that Cats and Rainbows and Flowers are a "no-no" when it comes to photographic standards, but I just don’t care. Why is it that people--and by people I mean “serious” photographers--think that for a photograph to be meaningful it has to depict conflict, tragedy or something altogether artsy and serious. I feel that good photos are good photos and that if I happen to be at my in-laws' house and they happen to have an extremely beautiful and expressive cat than I should by all means take pictures of it. That’s the case with this batch of images. Mock me if you want, but I stand by my belief and in doing so, I throw my hat in with Tony Mendoza.






On another note, if you like what you see -- cats, rubber roosters, ducks and the occasional documented story-- you should subscribe to my blog, or at least leave me comments on what you see. Let me know what you think of the Images, or the Writing, or even me as a Person. It just helps me, as an artist, to get feedback as well as to know that someone out there is looking at what I'm doing.


Comments

Tabitha said…
I love these pictures! You capture her personality.

Popular posts from this blog

Small: Speed Duck

Adventure: Trains